23 July 2008

Duluth, MN

Things I am thankful for so far:

We are almost halfway (over 1900 miles).
I don't have to bike tomorrow.
I still like PB&J
My bike hasn't completely died yet
There won't be many more hills for a while
There is Wi-Fi in the Temple in Duluth
The 70 miles of bike path we biked on today
Double Pace Lines
Batman
Riding through a wildlife preserve three days ago
My wonderful fellow cyclists who will always offer help when I need it
Great cell coverages on our rides in the middle of farm country
Generic brand cereals taste almost like name brand
Host stays

Things that I'm not thankful for
Headwinds
Winds from the East when we are going North
Taking three wrong turns going to Gays Mills and going 130 miles
Being in the lead when the first 18 mile detour happened and feeling guilty about not catching the error in the cue sheet
Headwinds
Chaffing
Sore butts
Sore feet
Poor cell coverage at many of our stops

No comments: