28 February 2008

You know you want to send me mail :)

I am about to start my official fundraising effort and hopefully this blog will get a little more traffic. So I figured I should briefly explain my route and other trip logistics stuff. First off I have a route map from the Bike and Build website:

I will be leaving on June 18th from Portsmouth, New Hampshire and finishing on August 25th in Vancouver, British Columbia. We have a pretty detailed trip itinerary, which we may or may not be following completely. Here is the link to it. On that page you can also see the above image, and an explanation where your donations will go.

There are also pre-arranged mail drops along the route, and from what I hear care packages are the next best thing to seeing your friends and family along the route. In order to get any physical packages to me address them to:
Bike and Build
Anson Moxness
General Delivery
City, State, Zip

and put "Please hold for pickup on: DATE"
The locations are (and are available on the Bike and Build website)
- June 21 - New London, NH 03257
- June 28 - Indian Lake, NY 12842
- July 5 - Westfield, NY 14787
- July 11 - Plymouth, IN 46563
- July 19 - Pepin, WI 54759
- July 26 - Crookston, MN 56716
- August 2 - Culbertson, MT 59218
- August 9 - Cut Bank, MT 59427
- August 17 - Republic, WA 99166

That is about all for now, more updates later, and hopefully I'll be able to cut down on the length of these things...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this thing your doing sounds awesome. I Ran from Alaska to Iowa... but your not going through Iowa, which makes me sad. But anyways, I'm behind you all the way.

Molly said...

wee! i'll definitely send you mail!
you'll have so much fun!
-molly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a real adventure for a "young" cyclist. I am an "old" cyclist. While I would love to partake in a ride like that I'll "take a flyer". I am a Moxness also ( not related I am sure). But I am amazed when I surf the net at how many unrelated Moxness'es are also bike riders of some sort. Good luck